10 must-do things for Mass Comm graduates
Considering how broad Mass Communication is, Adediwura Aderibigbe, Digital media journalist outlines skills relevant needed by ¬†all Mass Communication graduates regardless of areas specialisation.
- Be computer literate. This goes beyond the ability to start up and shut down a computer system and browse the Internet.
- Own a blog
- Let your social media platforms give an idea of who you are.
- Follow people of like minds online
- Write always even when there is nothing to write
- Make sure you are on Linkedin, join Linkedin groups and other online groups that focus on your field
- Learn the basics of blogging and web management
- Acquire training online that could enhance your skills. There are many free online trainings
- Offer to write free for blogs
- Journalism is about what you can practically do not what you have on your certificate.
Adediwura contributed the above suggestions at the December 2016 Media Career Q&A 2016. For full reports of contribution by other top journalist click this link¬†